International Trade Mark Registration

If you want protection of your trade mark in the USA, then you need to apply for the trade mark to be registered there.

There are two ways an Australian trade mark owner can seek trade mark protection overseas:

  1. Making an application filed directly to each country within which you wish to have your trade mark protected; or
  2. Making a single international application filed through the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) nominating the Madrid Protocol countries in which protection is sought.